Favorite film of all time?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by robertkirk, Oct 15, 2015.

1. robertkirk

robertkirk
    Expand Collapse

My favorite film of all time has to be The Business... Also really like Rise of the Footsoldier!

2. Nasim J

Nasim J
    Expand Collapse

Great Gatsby!!! and the Princess Bride

3. Spectre456

Spectre456
    Expand Collapse

Inception is my favorite movie of all time. I love stories that mess with my mind like that.

4. jamesbonner

jamesbonner
    Expand Collapse

Catch me if you can, I really loved this one :)

5. trouble

trouble
    Expand Collapse

I love Cruel Intentions. Sarah Michelle Gellar is my favorite actress and I loved how she played the villain in the movie. I can watch that movie and listen to the soundtrack all day long.

6. trouble

trouble
    Expand Collapse

You would love The Game with Michael Douglas and Sean Pen. They play brothers and Sean's character sends Michael's character to play an IQ game that ends up taking over his life. The only way Michael's character can get out of it is to use a number of keys he's been given to unlock and stop the game, or die. But the game is so twisted, Michael's character can't figure out which parts are the game and which parts are not. It's the craziest movie ever. Even you won't be able to figure it out until the game is revealed at the end.

To this day I still cannot figure out how that film got swept under the rug. It's my other favorite movie of all time.

7. Nemesysbr

Nemesysbr
    Expand Collapse

I think Requiem for a Dream. It's great if you are looking for a movie that really depicts the tragedy of addictions and bad choices, while developing the characters as much as you could hope for on the span of 2 hours. I won't spoil it for you, but Its a real kick in the teeth to watch. If you have a shred of empathy you should be able to feel a great range of emotions with this masterpiece.

8. lexinonomous

lexinonomous
    Expand Collapse

This is such a hard question to answer because I have a love for two genres in particular. I love comedies and I love B-horror films. If I had to choose a movie, I'd have to go with "I Love You, Man." I could watch that movie over and over without tiring of it.

My second favorite is Army of Darkness.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn
    Expand Collapse

A Thousand Words, really inspirational movie. The Wolf of Wall Street, Deus Ex Machina, Lucy and 17 Again are also some really good titles.

10. Spectre456

Spectre456
    Expand Collapse

That sounds like something I would absolutely love. I'm definitely checking it out in the near future.

11. Celerian

Celerian
    Expand Collapse

Spectre might throw me off a little!

12. paigeswan

paigeswan
    Expand Collapse

My favorite movie would have to be Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I love all of the Harry Potter movies, but this one is my favorite! I am a huge Harry Potter geek :)

13. Kaitara

Kaitara
    Expand Collapse

Well, I used to be able to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail over and over in my high school nerd days. But I wouldn't call it a testament to great filmmaking, there are better ones out there as far as vision and cinematography. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm a bit surprised to find I don't have a single favorite movie. I think when it comes down to it, I like DIsney movies and Ghibli movies the most. I love animation and musicals.

14. Jordan94

Jordan94
    Expand Collapse

That's a really hard question to answer. I would have to say for me it would be 2012. I don't know why but I've just always love that movie. I think I love it so much because it's a disaster movie, and I've always loved those types of movies. Another movie that I really like would have to be Wild Hogs. I just think this movie is really funny, and really well made. It has a lot of my favorite actors in it as well. So it's really just perfect. What about you guys?

15. artyarson

artyarson
    Expand Collapse

That's pretty tought. I don't have the exact one probably. And will never have it, as there are so many good films nowdays.

16. FuZyOn

FuZyOn
    Expand Collapse

2012 was kind of weird in my opinion, though I loved the premise. I imagine the people who believed in the apocalypse shat their pants once they've seen that a movie is made based of the rumours.

17. artyarson

artyarson
    Expand Collapse

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)

by the way, I enjoy this one so much!

18. SadeMay

SadeMay
    Expand Collapse

It's really hard to pick one but my all time favorite movie has to be a Canadian film called "C.R.A.Z.Y". It's about a gay teen trying to figure out who he is in the 70's and basically vie for his father's love. It's a beautiful movie.

19. Ishmael

Ishmael
    Expand Collapse

I don't know for sure. For example Inside Out, came out this year, is probably one of the best movies I've ever seen. Not even kidding. I also really like Terminator 2 and Aliens.

Maelalove likes this.
  20. FuZyOn

FuZyOn
    Expand Collapse

Inside Out seems interesting, what were the best things about this movie?

Florencio Rogahn likes this.